Top 10 Things to Bring with You When Meeting with a Louisiana Personal Injury Lawyer for the First Time
After being involved in a car accident in New Orleans, the initial client meeting is one of the most important events in your case, as it’s the first opportunity for your personal injury attorney to evaluate the value and merit of the claims. Additionally, the first meeting with a personal injury attorney in New Orleans provides you the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about your car accident claim.
To allow your lawyer to proceed as efficiently and quickly as possible — which will help you get compensated quicker — you should bring the following items to your first meeting:
- Medical records and bills (if any) or a list of all medical providers for which the client sought treatment. You should also bring what is commonly referred to as Estimate of Benefits the client may have received from their health insurance company concerning payment of medical bills
- Health insurance information, including the policy or simply your health insurance cards
- A copy of your auto policy or the declarations page
- The police report from the car accident in Louisiana
- Any correspondence concerning the claim. This includes emails or letters between yourself and the at-fault insurance company, and letters and emails between yourself and your own insurance company
- All communication between you and your health insurance company for medical expenses
- All communication between you and your medical providers, which may include liens that you signed with a medical provider for treatment or a letter from the medical provider about a lien or bills owed
- Any photos that you took or received of your vehicle or injuries
- Invoices, estimates, or receipts for out-of-pocket expenses for medical expenses or personal property expenses, such as personal property that was damaged and vehicle repairs or estimates
- A list of any witnesses that you’re aware of or spoke to at the scene or thereafter
The list above will allow the personal injury attorneys to make a determination as to what your case needs and doesn’t need. Remember, personal injury law can be complex. Make sure you have the right team of lawyers behind your case. If you would like any other advice on what to do after a car accident in New Orleans, contact Breaux Law Firm. We believe personal injury requires personal attention. We are more than happy to offer you a FREE consultation that will steer you in the right direction so that you can get the compensation you deserve. Contact Breaux Law Firm today for a free consultation at 504-882-0545 or email us at email@example.com.